Today on ZocDoc’s Pie Month Countdown we’re tackling a true American original: the Blueberry Pie.
Did you know that blueberry pie (one of the few blue foods) might have been the first pastry created by the Pilgrims after landing on Plymouth Rock? It’s true. But blueberry pies aren’t just patriotic – they’re good for you too!
Not only are blueberries rich in vitamin C and fiber, but they’re also a great source of antioxidants, ellagic acid (which may prevent cancer), as well as tannins, which may promote healthy vision and brain activity. (But is there a nutritional benefit to streusel crumb topping? Get to work, scientists!)
Anyway, you shouldn’t take our word for it. Delve into our many delectable blueberry pie recipes as we continue…
The Top 314 Pies of Pi Month!
126. Blueberry Pie from Dr. Weil
127. The World’s Best Blueberry Pie from PickYourOwn.org
128. Blueberry Pie from Simply Recipes
129. Fresh Blueberry Pie from Betty Crocker
130. Easy Bluberry Pie from Shawn Scarborough
131. Blackberry and Blueberry Pie from All Recipes
132. Lattice-Topped Blueberry Pie from My Recipes
133. Polly’s Perfect Blueberry Pie from The Food Network
134. Blueberry Lavender Cream Pie from The Kitchn
135. Creamy Blueberry Pie from All Recipes
136. Peach Blueberry Pie from Joy the Baker
137. Sugar-free Blueberry Pie from Diabetic Gourmet
138. Buttery Blueberry Pie from Good Housekeeping
139. Apple-Blueberry Pie from Pillsbury
140. Raw Blueberry Pie from The Purple Carrot
141. Blueberry Crumble Pie from Williams-Sonoma
142. Star-studded Blueberry Pie from Go.com
143. Blueberry Crumb Pie from The Gluttonous Vegan
144. Lemon Blueberry Pie from Blueberry-Recipe.com
145. Mom’s Blueberry Pie from The Pioneer Woman
146. A Nice Berry Pie from 101 Cookbooks
147. Mixed Berry Pie from Culinary Musings
148. Blueberry Pie Pancakes from Chocolate Covered Katie
149. Blueberry Crumb Pie from Instructables
150. Open-Faced Fresh Blueberry Pie from Epicurious
Image: blueberry pie, a Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from karynsig’s photostream.